Terms and Conditions
Please discuss any concerns regarding these terms and conditions with the harpist prior to event, preferably prior to signing contract. Special provisions may be included in the contract to address any of the below issues that are problematic.
• Contract and Deposit: A signed contract and $100 non-refundable deposit (to be applied to the balance) is required to book any event. Can be completed in person or online.
• Payment Methods: Harpist accepts cash, checks, credit cards, and online payments. Personal checks must be received at least 7 days before the event to give them time to clear. Credit cards are subject to a 5% processing fee.
• Final Payment: Contract balance owed will be paid to the Harpist BEFORE she begins playing at the event. Any extra fees incurred due to THESE [link to Additional charges for special circumstances] or similar situations not included on the contract will be due by the end of the event. If Client is unable to pay extra fees at the event, fees and an extra $25 late charge will be due within 7 days of the event. More info
• Space: Client must provide a safe, flat, dry area at least 4 feet by 5 feet for the harp.
• Arrival Time: Harpist will arrive at venue 30-45 minutes before start of performance to unload harp, set up, and tune. There is no charge for this set up time. Should harpist be required to arrive more than 45 minutes before performance start time for any reason, compensation for extra time shall be required, to be specified in contract.
• Breaks: For events longer than one hour, harpist will take hourly rest breaks of 5-10 minutes.
• Special Requests: Harpist reserves the right to reject special music requests not agreed upon ahead of time. Harpist will not accompany other musicians unless it has been arranged ahead of time. Rehearsal is required for accompanying other musicians. Compensation for extra practice and rehearsal time will be required.
• Travel Compensation: Any event more than 25 miles from Tucson, Arizona will be subject to a travel fee to cover gas and time. For any event more than 200 miles away, Client will provide harpist with one night stay at a hotel. For any event more than 400 miles away, Client will provide harpist with 2 nights stay at a hotel. Travel compensation will vary according to hotel and fuel costs.
• Parking: Close parking with handicap accessible building access is preferred. Extra charge of $25 will be assessed if parking is difficult and not provided. If parking garage fees or valet fees are needed, they will be paid by the Client.
• Outdoor Events: The harp must be on a flat, dry surface. Harpist will not put the harp directly on grass, dirt, sand, gravel, or any such surface that could damage the harp. Preferable platforms are sidewalks, patios, flat rock slabs, etc. Client or Harpist may provide a mat or hard surface for the harp to sit on if none is present. This MUST be discussed and arranged ahead of time. If Harpist determines the location to be unsafe for the harp and no suitable accommodation is made, Harpist may be unable to perform, and full payment will nonetheless be required.
• Extreme Weather: Harpist reserves the right to not play in extremely hot or cold situations that threaten the harp. This includes intense, direct sunlight. Shade or an alternate location may be required.
• Inclement Weather: For outdoor events, should inclement weather occur, client must provide shelter or an alternate location. Should harpist not be able to perform due to weather, harpist shall nevertheless be paid in full. The harp will not be played anywhere that is threatening rain, is close to mist from a fountain or sprinklers, or is overly windy (where the harp could tip over).
• Cancellations by Client: All cancellations must be submitted in writing at least one month before the event. Deposits are not refundable. If an event is cancelled less than one month before the event, the full balance will be paid to the Harpist unless Harpist successfully books another event on that date.
• Changes to Contract: Changes made to the contract after signing will incur a $25 change fee. An updated contract will be emailed to the Client. If the Client changes the date, time, or location of the event, and the Harpist is no longer able to perform as a result, no refunds will be provided. If the change is less than one month before the event, the full balance owed will still be paid to the Harpist, unless Harpist is able to book another event that day.
• Extreme Circumstances: Should the Harpist be unavoidably detained through proven illness, accident, accident to means of transportation, inclement weather, or other legitimate conditions beyond human control, Harpist will try to provide another competent musician if possible. In the event that the Harpist is forced to cancel due to the above-mentioned conditions beyond her control, and she is unable to provide a substitute, the entire deposit and balance paid will be refunded to the Client within 7 days of the cancellation.
• Event Safety: Client is responsible for any damage caused to the harp or equipment by anyone attending the event. Should the harp be damaged due to the actions of someone other than the Harpist at the event, the Client will be responsible to cover the $300 insurance deductible.